Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Hard Work Doesn't Stop Here


























As my college graduation day approaches without delay, I thought I would share this thought from an image created by Erin Ehnle on her page Keeping it Real: Through the Lens of a Farm Girl. If there is one thing I have learned this last semester through my job hunts and many life decisions, it is this: The learning and hard work it takes to achieve your goals is never over. As I begin my full time job and classes towards my Master's Degree, I know that I am going to have to put in a lot of hard work... but I also know that my hard work will pay off in the end.

How do I know that? Everything I grew up with on the farm was hard work, but it was more rewarding than any other project or assignment I have ever worked on. Farmers spend countless hours in the field during planting and harvest, but knowing their hard work made that crop successful makes all those hours worth it. Livestock farmers are outside caring for their animals morning and night, rain or shine. Can you guess what makes it all worth it?

It is because of my upbringing on a farm that the hard work coming my way doesn't scare me... in fact, I look forward to it. I know once I accomplish all it is that I am working towards, nothing will compare to the satisfaction I get from knowing that the harvest of my success was as a result of good old fashioned hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment