Friday, March 30, 2012

Farm Photo Friday: Take 2

Today I thought I would share a photo of the swimming pond on my family's farm. This particular pond was landscaped by a class at our local community college, but we also have 6 more ponds on our farm that are there because of low ground left by a rail road that used to run through the property. While this pond is clearly for recreational purposes (complete with a floating dock, rope swing, and tin shack for storage), the other 6 ponds are inhabited by wildlife and not altered in any way by my family. Conservation of land and the environment is important farmers, after all, it is our home and work place. My experience growing up here has taught me the importance of being a successful farmer while maintaining a great respect for the environment, land, and wildlife on our farm.
What a great place to grow up, I feel very blessed!

1 comment:

  1. hey Rosie! I'm enjoying reading the blog, and your picture today inspired me to go finish up one that I had started a while back when we all picnicked out here. if you get a chance swing by the site and check it out!

    ReplyDelete